Reduce Toxins at Home
Why Green Clean?
- Safe for you and your family
- Easy on the pocket
- Highly effective
- Environmentally friendly
- Many household cleaners contain toxic chemicals. These chemicals may cause short-term and long-term health problems when you use them.1
- Children are often more vulnerable to chemical exposure during developmental stages, and certain chemicals may interfere with the development of their neurological, endocrine, and immune systems.2 Main routes of exposure: eating, drinking, breathing, and touching.
- Younger children have higher respiratory rates than adults, therefore they absorb more air contaminants per unit of weight, meaning they experience a higher inhaled dose.2
- According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the air inside a typical home is 200–500 percent more polluted than the air outside mainly due to toxic household cleaning products.
Absorbs and eliminates odor. Use to clean countertops, sinks, and tubs. Sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet and vacuum after 15 minutes for a fresher look and feel.
Contains natural antifungal and antibacterial properties. Cuts grease and dissolves mineral deposits.
Lifts dirt, cuts grease, and eliminates tough stains. Pour a small amount over baking sheets and pans then scrub for a few minutes, and you’ll have clean, shiny results.
Salt is an effective scouring agent. Pour salt mixed with hot water down the kitchen sink regularly to deodorize and keep grease from building up. Mix salt with Lemon essential oil and use to remove stubborn coffee and tea cup stains.
doTERRA FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL or OLIVE OIL
Great natural cleaner and polisher. Rub it into leather or polish wood surfaces. Flip to page 24 for more details.
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR CLEANING
- Wild Orange
- Douglas Fir
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
- Purify Cleansing Blend
- doTERRA On Guard® Protective Blend
- doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
Tip: Replace toxic air fresheners with a diffuser.
Base Ingredients + Essential Oils
Make your own non-toxic cleaning products using these simple ingredients and doTERRA essential oils.
1. Household Cleaning Products: What Every Woman Should Know. womensvoices.org/safe-cleaning-products/basic/
2. ATSDR Case Studies in Environmental Medicine Principles of Pediatric Environmental Health. The Child as Susceptible Host: A Developmental Approach to Pediatric Environmental Medicine. atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/ped_env_health/docs/ped_env_health.pdf